FRANK M. JENNINGS
FRANK M. JENNINGS was born in Trigg County, Ky., January 3, 1852, and is a son of A. J. and Mildred (Hart) Jennings. The father was born in Barren County, the mother in Christian County, Ky. The father died in Trigg County in 1856; the mother in Kansas in 1858. Frank M. is the youngest child in the family, and the only one now living. His father dying when he was but four years of age, he was principally reared by his grandfather. He commenced life for himself at eighteen years of age, and first worked in a mill in Crittenden County for about two years. He then went to Illinois, but remained only a short time, then returned to Kentucky, and again engaged in the milling business. In 1874 he went to Texas, and after a stay of about nine months returned to this county and followed the milling business until 1878, when he settled down on a farm. In May, 1884, he began merchandising at Hurricane, and still continues in business. He now carries a stock of about $1,200. Mr. Jennings was married, in February, 1878, to Miss Florence La Rue, a daughter of K. P. and Margaret (Terry) La Rue, early settlers in this county and emigrants from Virginia. Mrs. Jennings was born in this county in 1860, and died January 5, 1884. To her and husband were born three children: Lilly, Oceola and Charles. Mr. Jennings has served as deputy county clerk.
Source: J. H. Battle, W. H. Perrin, & G. C. Kniffin. Kentucky. A History of the State. Louisville, KY, Chicago, IL: Battey, 1885. Page 733.