T. J. CAMERON
T. J. CAMERON was born April 15, 1842, in Trigg County, Ky., and is a son of John and Frances (Daniel) Cameron. His grandfather, John Cameron, was a native of North Carolina, and of Scotch descent. He came to Kentucky, when it was indeed the "dark and bloody ground," and settled in Christian County, when there were but two or three little settlements in that part of the State. After clearing a small farm he started back to his native State for supplies, but was killed by the Indians before reaching his destination. John, subject's father, was born in Christian County, January 8, 1804. He afterward moved to Trigg County, and engaged in the jewelry business at Cadiz, where he lived until 1830, at which time he removed to Princeton, Caldwell County, where he still resides. His wife, Frances Cameron, subject's mother, was born in Christian County, in 1808, and is still living. T. J. Cameron. is the fourth child and second son of the above. In 1862 he entered the Federal service, enlisting in the Eighth Kentucky Cavalry under Gen. James M. Shackelford, with which command he served fourteen months, participating in a number of engagements. After leaving the army he came to Marion, with but $200 capital, and engaged in the mercantile business, in partnership with J. N. Woods under the firm name of Woods & Cameron. The partnership was dissolved in 1872--Mr. Cameron retiring and opening a store of his own, which he has since operated. Mr. C. has been very successful in business, and has a general stock of merchandise, representing a capital of $6,000, and represents his annual sales at $25,000. He was married November 15, 1866, to Miss Henrie A. Marble, daughter of Henry and Mary (Crawford) Marble, of Madison, Ind. Five children have been born to Mr. and Mrs. Cameron, viz.: John W., deceased; Mary Frances, Victoria M., Henry W., and T. J. Mr. Cameron is a Republican in politics, and a firm champion of the cause of prohibition.
Source: J. H. Battle, W. H. Perrin, & G. C. Kniffin. Kentucky. A History of the State. Louisville, KY, Chicago, IL: Battey, 1885. Page 720.